In the week leading up to the Oscars, Koh Young was busy on the APEX 2020 red carpet, making appearances in the various shows being filmed on the expo floor. Here are a few of the highlights, or as they say at the Oscars, here are this year’s nominees:
Our nominees for best performance in a supporting role are:
- Dr. Brian Kang, for his role in Global SMT & Packaging’s panel discussion, entitled “Is AI at the inspection level, a myth or a reality?”. Inspection systems are at the heart of the Industry 4.0 revolution. We need positional accuracy that we can measure and digitize before we can pass instructions to production equipment to take corrective action. Brian is joined by other experts from the inspection industry to answer the question, what role will AI play in this?
- Joel Scutchfield, for his role in WNIE’s panel discussion, entitled “What’s New in US electronics? Trends & emerging technologies”. US-manufacturing is being transformed and disrupted by the same forces transforming the rest of our industry. But what makes the US different and what does its future hold? This discussion, moderated by Kim Sauer, explores challenges and opportunities faced by the US electronics manufacturing supply chain in today’s global markets.
- Ramon Hernandez, for his role in “The Eric Miscoll Show – Mexico Special”. The panel tackles topics as diverse as politics, industry trends, digital transformation and the promotion of Mexico as a strong alternative to Asia. Alongside host and EMSNOW Publisher, Eric Miscoll, Ramon was joined by Ivan Romo of SMarTsol and Philip Spagnoli Stoten, Forbes contributor and founder of SCOOP.
Our nominees for best individual performance are:
- Quintin Armstrong for his performance in his interview with Dick Crowe, on I-Connect 007’s Real Time with IPC APEX, as well as his interview with EMSNOW’s Eric Miscoll, discussing the important role played by Koh Young’s service and support network.
- Juan Arango for his interview with EMSNOW’s Eric Miscoll, digging into the last year’s successes and the latest developments within Koh Young Americas.
A special award goes to best newcomer:
- MES Engineer, Ivan Aduna for his interview with EMSNOW’s Eric Miscoll, exploring the use of data in the manufacturing process and the role of the Koh Young Ksmart software.
And finally, our nominees for best double act in a new show are:
- Juan Arango and Harald Eppinger, for their entertaining performances in “That SCOOPshow – A Koh Young Special”, hosted by Philip Spagnoli Stoten on the final day of the show.
It was, as always, a real pleasure to participate in these videos and Koh Young are grateful to the publications that supported us at the show. As the leader in our space, thought leadership is important to us, so it is always an honor to be asked to participate in these discussions.
The show was, once again, a great success for the whole team with many solid opportunities, underlining the fact that Koh Young continues to lead this competitive space and that manufacturers – large and small – are finding real value and benefit in using our equipment and software solution.
The Koh Young team offers a special thank you for all those that visited us at the show. We offer a warm invitation to anyone who couldn’t make it to visit us online at www.kohyoung.com for more information. For now, be sure to visit us at eSMART Factory Conference in San Jose, CA on March 4-5, 2020 at the Comet Group Lab One.
About Koh Young
Koh Young, the leading 3D measurement-based inspection equipment and solutions provider, performs an essential role for quality control and process optimization across a growing set of industries including printed circuit board assembly, machining and assembly process manufacturing, semiconductor manufacturing, and various medical fields. In addition to its corporate headquarters in Seoul, Koh Young has sales and support offices in Germany, Japan, Singapore, Penang, China, Brazil, Argentina, Canada, Mexico, and the United States. These local facilities ensure it maintains a close relationship with its growing customer base and provides them with access to a global network of inspection and measurement experts.
For More Information
Koh Young America, 1950 Evergreen Blvd., Suite 200, Duluth, GA 30096 +1.470.374.9254 www.kohyoung.com Brent A Fischthal, Sr. Marketing Manager, Koh Young America Brent.Fischthal@kohyoung.com +1.704.651.2860